Foodie Forecast: The Martini lunch is back (thanks Mad Men)
Where have you gone, Don Draper? Apparently the spirit of the two (or in this case, three) martini lunch has come to Division Street.‚ In February, Wicker Park's Fifty/50 is offering a "Three Martini Lunch," a three-course prix-fixe meal for $35 includes three full-size, 10 oz Ketel One Vodka or Tanqueray gin martinis. The Three Martini Lunch menu includes:
- BLT Salad - romaine, smoked bacon, egg, blue cheese crumbles and cherry tomatoes
- Skirt Steak on Garlic Bread -- orange-honey teriyaki marinated skirt steak with fried onions on garlic bread
- Sweet Potato Pecan Pie -- served with bourbon glaze and Tahitian vanilla whipped cream
Hey Don, do you want to go back to the office?
Nah, I think I'll take a nap and then go in to hit on my secretary.
But don't put down the bottle just yet, on Friday Feb. 5, Morton's The Steakhouse in Northbrook will offer a five-course dinner paired with the line of Johnnie Walker Scotch. Guests will learn how to recognize the differentiating notes of flavor and smoothness between the labels. The menu includes:
- Grilled Lamb Chops paired with Johnnie Walker Red
- Tomato, Fresh Mozzarella and Basil with Johnnie Walker Black
- Beef Wellington with Johnnie Walker Green
- Upside-Down Apple Pie with Johnnie Walker Gold
- Selection of Cheeses with Johnnie Walker Blue
Dinner costs $125 per person and is all inclusive. Reservations can be made by calling 847-205-5111.