Friday Foodie Forecast: Anybody looking for a good 'hot-tini'?
The hosted reception, from 9pm to 11pm, will feature The Hunt Club's recently debuted "Hot-Tinis" designed for Chicago's cold winters. After 11pm, all "Hot-Tinis" will be $5 each.
The Hot-Tini Menu includes:
- Hot Apple Strudel: Goldschläger, Apple Pucker, apple juice, caramel syrup, garnished with cinnamon
- Toasted Mocha: Baileys Irish Cream, Amaretto, vanilla syrup, hot chocolate, coffee, mini marshmallow garnishes
- Fireside Classic :Jameson Irish Whisky, Kahlua, Bailey Irish Cream, coffee, green Crème de Menthe swirl, whipped cream garnish.
- Hot Tea Tini: Captain Morgan, orange Spice black tea flavored with mango and peach, cinnamon stick garnish.
- Godiva Decadence: Godiva Dark, Godiva White, Baileys Irish Cream, hot chocolate, mini marshmallow garnishes.
You'll want to get to the Hunt Club early to avoid the $5 cover after 10pm.
On Sunday, the 31st, Slow Food Chicago is hosting Sunday Supper at Sepia in celebration of "The Edible Schoolyard," a program created by Berkeley chef Alice Waters that fosters a deeper appreciation for a sustainable future.
After a welcome reception with a cocktail from Sepia's Joshua Pearson and hors d'oeurvres from Chef Andrew Zimmerman, dinner guests will sample a four-course special menu paired with wines selected by Sommelier Scott Tyree.
Highlights of the menu include:
- Chicken Liver Mouse, Ciccioloi Country Style Pork Pate, Duck Mortadella
- Salt-roasted pears, Marieke gouda, cranberry bitter greens
- Choucroute Garni: cider-braised pork belly, Toulouse-style sausage, ham hock, sauerkraut, fingerling potatoes
- Apple and butternut squash tarte Tartin with rosemary caramel ice cream and pecan crumble
Guests will also have the opportunity to purchase autographed copies of Waters' book The Edible Schoolyard: A Universal Idea.
The dinner costs $55 and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to Slow Food Chicago.
On Monday, Feb. 1, ChicaGourmets! will host Don Newcomb & Beverly Malen at Ristorante Prosecco for a "Franciacorta Wine Dinner." Price is $95, all inclusive. Call 312-951-9500 or e-mail email@example.com for more information and to RSVP.