Global Notes: In honor of Thanksgiving, some music from Turkey
This edition of Global Notes serves up the kind of Turkey that even vegetarians can enjoy.
As Americans prepare to feast on foul, Jerome and Radio M host Tony Sarabia spin some of their favorite music from Turkey, including the 1970s psychedelics of Erkin Koray and Selda, modern pop, hip hop and Turkish jazz.
1. Soyleyin Tildizlar Sevgilim - Ensemble Huseyin Turkmenler
2. Traditional saz music
3. Erikin Koray - Mechul
4. Nasirli Eller - Selda
5. Bebek - Sevil & Ayla
6. Uzunluce Bir - Yasar Tanar
7. Reggae Turca - Ayhan Sicimoglu
8. Kelebekler Kuslar - Baba Zula
9. Melodis Sesler - Selim Sesler
10. Eartha Kitt sings in Turkish
The Global Notes team wants your picks for the best international album of 2011. Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, email Global Notes if you’d like to participate in our "Show and Tell" series. Be sure to include your name, phone number and the instrument you play.