The Daybook: Quick Hitter Style
Big big news day, no time for anything but the goods:
- Prejean.‚ Miss California Crown.‚ She's keeping it.
C'mon, web team.‚ With all due respect to Sister Helen, that's not the Prejean I'm looking for right now.
OK. That's more like it.‚ Honestly, I have no idea if she's shifted her stance on gay marriage, and I'm not sure if I really care.‚ Has anyone asked her to weigh in on the troop surge yet?
- American Idol.‚ Who will win?? OMG Simon spills the beans! Again, this has elevated to the top of many news channels' coverage plans.‚ I'll make sure the arts desk is on top of this developing story.‚ I'm not gonna lie though, right now, the Trib is kicking our butt on this front.‚ I'll bring that bit of unpleasant info up at the editorial meeting. Kaufmann: Where is our Adam page???
- Todd Stroger had a presser announcing his sales tax rollback veto.‚ The short version: there would be doom and gloom‚ if the board president didn't pull the veto trigger.‚ Long version: Unfiltered, right here.
- Richard Daley is responding to our ace intern Mekea Williamson's scoop of unhappy aldermen wanting more time from the mayor before approving new spending cuts.‚ That right there is some interning, folks.
- Speaking of interning, we decided to assign Mekea to cover Governor Quinn today.‚ She asked him to respond to the Civic Federation's less than glowing review of his budget proposal.