Welcome to this edition of the Morning Drive Podcast; In today’s episode, we find out how many festivals is too many festivals.
But first, some news:
►In silence on Wednesday, Chicago’s City Council agreed to spend more than $7 million to settle a pair of lawsuits filed by victims of police torture.
►Food prices are expected to rise due to the severe drought that's affecting much of the nation, according to a report released by the U.S. Department of Agriculture on Wednesday.
►A Chicago alderman appears to have lined up the support he would need to keep Chick-fil-A out of his Northwest Side ward, at least for the time-being.
Featured in the podcast:
►A listener wonders if there’s too much fun for the City of Big Shoulders to lift. We head into the thick of the festival scene to find out whether the city's hit a saturation point, or is just getting started.
Blogs we're reading:
►Are those swastikas? WBEZ history blogger John Schmidt deconstructs a Chicago monument.
►WBEZ blogger Claire Zulkey has some ideas for improving Evanston's "already stellar" traffic rules
And your WEATHER for today: No heat advisory, but we could see some thunderstorms throughout the day. Highs in the mid 80s, some wind, chance of precipitation 60 percent. Then tonight, partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, lows around 70 except mid 70s downtown. Friday, partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, highs in the lower 80s, and then Friday night, partly cloudy in the evening then clearing, lows in the upper 60s except lower 70s downtown.
Subscribe to The Morning Drive Podcast on iTunes!
It's all the news that's fit to podcast. Click above to listen, click here to subscribe.