What to watch in your cube and what to watch on your couch
Stuff that'll work well for work, on in the background:
- Women's waterpolo preliminaries; the USA plays Hungry at 12:20 pm.
- Volleyball: USA vs. Brazil is at 10:45 am.
- Fencing: semifinal and final women's "epee" individual at noon ("epee" means "a fencing or dueling sword having a bowl-shaped guard and a rigid blade of triangular section with no cutting edge that tapers to a sharp point blunted for fencing — compare FOIL, SABER." Now you know.)
- Basketball: Angola plays the women's USA team at 4:15 pm.
Stuff you'll watch at your desk in plain sight anyway because who cares who sees you because it's summer:
- Men's 10 meter synchronized platform diving is at 9 am.
- All the men's gymnastics team finals take place at 10:30 am, including floor, high bar, parallel bars, pommel horse, still rings and vault.
- Swimming includes the finals for the men's 200 meter freestyle and 100 meter backstroke, as well as women's 100 meter backstroke and 100 meter breaststroke at 1:30 pm.
Stuff that will be just as good the second time around, and don't worry, they will be sure to play it in primetime:
Any of the men's gymnastics final as well as the probably dramatic men and women's swimming finals.
Oh, just skip it anyway unless you're an uber fan:
Table tennis, for what seems like all day. Field hockey.