Toronzo Cannon is a CTA bus driver by day and a blues musician by night.
Reset checks in with the Chicago artist for his recommendations on what to read, watch and do. Plus, he shares what it’s like to be a blues musician and bus driver during the COVID-19 pandemic.
What to read
1. Zen Guitar by Philip Toshio Sudo
2. Chaka! Through The Fire by Chaka Khan with Tonya Bolden
3. Bitten by the Blues: The Alligator Records Story by Bruce Iglauer and Patrick A. Roberts
What to watch
4. Any music documentary on Netflix
5. World of Dance (NBC)
6. Credible news sources
What to do
7. Seek out live music, even if it’s a livestream
- At Home Chicago Blues: livestream concert and conversation series with Toronzo Cannon, Dave Specter, Donna Herula, Katherine Davis, and Harlan Terson
- Thursday, Aug. 6, 7-8 p.m then every first and third Thursday of the month
8. Go riding in the park on anything that’s just you and the wind
GUEST: Toronzo Cannon, Chicago blues musician