Where have you gone, Don Draper? Apparently the spirit of the two (or in this case, three) martini lunch has come to Division Street.‚ In February, Wicker Park's Fifty/50 is offering a "Three Martini Lunch," a three-course prix-fixe meal for $35 includes three full-size, 10 oz Ketel One Vodka or Tanqueray gin martinis. The Three Martini Lunch menu includes:
- BLT Salad - romaine, smoked bacon, egg, blue cheese crumbles and cherry tomatoes
- Skirt Steak on Garlic Bread -- orange-honey teriyaki marinated skirt steak with fried onions on garlic bread
- Sweet Potato Pecan Pie -- served with bourbon glaze and Tahitian vanilla whipped cream
Hey Don, do you want to go back to the office?
Nah, I think I'll take a nap and then go in to hit on my secretary.
But don't put down the bottle just yet, on Friday Feb. 5, Morton's The Steakhouse in Northbrook will offer a five-course dinner paired with the line of Johnnie Walker Scotch. Guests will learn how to recognize the differentiating notes of flavor and smoothness between the labels. The menu includes:
- Grilled Lamb Chops paired with Johnnie Walker Red
- Tomato, Fresh Mozzarella and Basil with Johnnie Walker Black
- Beef Wellington with Johnnie Walker Green
- Upside-Down Apple Pie with Johnnie Walker Gold
- Selection of Cheeses with Johnnie Walker Blue
Dinner costs $125 per person and is all inclusive. Reservations can be made by calling 847-205-5111.