The Chicago Marathon may be canceled, but that’s not stopping runners from getting their miles in. GumboFit meets every Tuesday and Saturday for weekly runs in Chicago and strives to create a space for athletes of all levels, with a focus on the Black community and people of color.
Reset checks in with GumboFit leader Courtney Phillips for her recommendations on what to read, watch and do to stay engaged and entertained. Plus, she shares resources she’s leaning on to navigate this moment.
What to read
2. A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle
3. The Fire Next Time by Jaes Baldwin
What to watch
4. Unorthodox (Netflix)
5. I May Destroy You (HBO)
Note: This series contains scenes depicting and stories about sexual assault.
6. The Old Guard (Netflix)
What to do
7. Get outside and into nature
8. Join one of GumboFit’s runs
- Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. at the Jones College Prep Track (2301 S. Federal St.)
- Saturdays at 8 a.m. at Harold Washington Park across from Sip & Savor (53rd St. and Hyde Park Blvd.)
- Check out their Instagram page (@GumboFit) for running rules and updates