Reset talks with Leila Day about creating content with purpose, and what she’s reading, watching and doing to celebrate black joy in difficult times.
What to read
1. Citizen: An American Lyric by Claudia Rankine
2. Giovanni’s Room by James Baldwin
3. The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
What to watch
4. Becoming: Behind the Scenes with Michelle Obama (Netflix)
5. Key and Peele (Comedy Central)
6. Insecure (HBO)
What to do
7. Reach out to an elder to check in
8. Schedule a Zoom chat with some black friends for a game of “Black Card Revoked"
9. Lean into the urge or need to speak up in situations where you normally wouldn’t