Like many events this year, the annual Chicago Jazz Festival is going virtual. The city teamed up with the Jazz Institute of Chicago to reimagine the beloved Labor Day tradition into four days of free online concerts this week.
Reset checks in with the institute’s executive director for more on the “Millennium Park At Home: Chicago Jazz” series, and her recommendations on what to read, watch and do.
What to read
1. Love Poems by Nikki Giovanni
2. Why Jazz? by Kevin Whitehead
3. Sunday edition of The New York Times
What to watch
5. The work of Chicago artist Gerald Griffin
6. Your children grow up
What to do
7. Jazz Institute’s 10 While You’re In Spotify playlists
8. Attend Millennium Park at Home: Chicago Jazz (Sept. 3-6)
9. Attend the Jazz Institute’s Virtual Gala: Keep the Music Playing (Sept. 17 at 7 p.m.)
GUEST: Heather Ireland Robinson, executive director of the Jazz Institute of Chicago