When Erika Chong Shuch’s choreography gig in Chicago got canceled in March due to COVID-19, she pivoted to another avenue of artmaking. She helped bring a program to Court Theatre in Hyde Park that connects artists with seniors on the South Side of Chicago through one-on-one chats.
Shuch joins Reset to discuss the For You: Artists & Elders program and to give her recommendations on what to read, watch and do this week.
What to read
1. Horton Hears a Who! by Dr. Seuss
2. The Lorax by Dr. Seuss
3. There There by Tommy Orange
4. Maangchi’s Big Book of Korean Cooking by Maangchi with Martha Rose Shulman
What to watch
5. Livestream from the International Space Station
6. Schitt’s Creek (Pop TV)
What to do
7. Write a letter
8. Find a way to connect with a stranger who is really different from you or make a new friend
9. Be useful
GUEST: Erika Chong Shuch, California-based performance maker, choreographer and director