Isaiah Collier has been described as a young talent with an old soul, or a musical virtuoso in the truest sense of the phrase. But the 22-year-old Chicago musician likes to call himself a sonic scientist.
Reset checks in with the jazz saxophonist about how he’s navigating the pandemic and what he recommends to read, watch and do this week.
What to read
1. Stolen Legacy by George G.M. James
2. Reaching Beyond: Improvisations on Jazz, Buddhism, and a Joyful Life by Herbie Hancock, Wayne Shorter and Daisaku Ikeda
3. The Get Yourself Organized Project by Kathi Lipp
What to watch
4. One Piece
5. Star Wars
6. The Black Godfather (Netflix)
What to do
10. Attend Isaiah Collier’s upcoming performances with The Chosen Few
- Every Wednesday night in September at Andy’s Jazz Club (Two shows per night - $10 admission)
- Sept. 10-13 at the Jazz Showcase (Two shows per night - $20 general admission, $35 VIP preferred seating)
GUEST: Isaiah Collier, Chicago jazz saxophonist