It’s red carpet season, which means you’re probably going to be getting invited to your fair share of award show-themed parties. While the concept of an Academy Award-themed party could be construed as corny, it’s still a great time to relax and unwind before the start of another work week. This Sunday, March 7, consider celebrating the 82nd Oscars at Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery, where they’re stretching the connections between movie titles and menu items as much as they possibly can.
Guests can watch all the Hollywood hoopla on Rock Bottom’s 25 flatscreen TV’s and participate in an Oscar ballot contest featuring a grand prize of dinner for two at Rock Bottom and growlers of beer for the first and second runners up. Rock Bottom will also unveil their Academy Award-themed food and drink menu featuring:
- “Up in the Air” Wings - Buffalo or honey-chipotle chicken wings, $4.95-$9.95
- “The Blind Side” Ball Park Pretzels - A giant pretzel brushed with Brown Ale and sprinkled with fresh garlic and Kosher salt, oven baked and served with Stadium Cheese Dip, $3.95-$7.95
- “District 9” Firecracker Shrimp - Crispy salt-and-pepper shrimp tossed with sweet Thai chili sauce and cilantro and served with ginger-citrus sauce for dipping, $9.95
- “Crazy Heart-tini” - Pama pomegranate liqueur and Absolut Citron served up with a lemon twist, $10
- “A Single Man” - The original Rob Roy with Dewar’s White Label scotch whiskey, a splash of sweet vermouth and a dash of bitters, $8
- “Inglorious Basterds” Brew - Hand-crafted pint of the day, $3