While Fat Tuesday is typically a day of debauchery for many Americans, it’s also a time for some Cajun-inspired gluttony for many foodies. Later today, Dunlays on Clark will celebrate Fat Tuesday with Cajun and Creole inspired specials.
Their menu includes:
- Crispy catfish bites with Creole remoulade
- Five olive salad, orange confit, orzo, smoked lemon vinaigrette
- Deep-fried chicken thighs, housemade waffle, andouille pan gravy
- Cajun rubbed, braised pork shoulder with crawfish risotto
- Shrimp po-boy with lettuce, tomato, avocado and spicy shrimp aioli
- Beignets with three dipping sauces
And if you are observing Lent this year, you may be looking for satisfying alternatives to meat. While avoiding that filet mignon or burger on a Friday may be difficult, here are two alternatives you can choose from:
- Fish and Chips: The Four Seasons Lounge is offering their Home-style Fish and Chips with Hand-cut Fries, Remoulade and Malt Vinegar every Friday. It costs $22 when ordered a la carte for lunch or dinner and is also part of the Four Season’s Friday prix-fixe menu for $30.
- Complimentary Ceviche Sampler: Nacional 27 is offering all dining guests a complimentary ceviche sampler on Fridays from Feb. 19 — April 2.