WBEZ brings you fact-based news and information. Sign up for our newsletters to stay up to date on the stories that matter.We know you have a job or school or a life outside of these Olympic games, but it doesn’t really feel like it right now, does it? So, like the winners we are, we’ve outlined a few events you should catch everyday in what we’re calling What to Watch in Your Cube/What to Watch on Your Couch (WTWIYC/WTWOYC). All times CDT and we’ve primarily focused on the USA because, well, where do we live?
Finally, the good stuff for team sports:
- The USA is dominating basketball. Watch the men play Argentina at 4:15 p.m.
- Awesome women’s soccer semi-finals, with the Japan vs. France at 11 am and USA vs. Canada at 1:45 p.m.
Check it live:
- MORE gymnastics?! Event finals in men’s rings and vault and women’s uneven bars are at 8 a.m.
- Whatever Greco-Roman wrestling is, it sounds awesome. The men’s finals are 11:45 a.m. and Ellis Coleman of Oak Park has potentially many moments to shine.
Results will be spoiled, but watch them in primetime anyway:
- Track and field highlights will be women’s pole vault and shot put finals and 3000m steeplechase, as well as men’s 400 m and 400m hurdles. All on around 1 pm during the day
I wish I knew more about these:
- Sailing and shooting gold medals, which are both cool, but very early in the day.