We know you have a job or school or a life outside of these Olympic games, but it doesn't really feel like it right now, does it? So, like the winners we are, we've outlined a few events you should catch everyday in what we're calling What to Watch in Your Cube/What to Watch on Your Couch (WTWIYC/WTWOYC). All times CDT and we've primarily focused on the USA because, well, where do we live?
It's Wednesday. I can check out early, right?
- Women's basketball includes what looks to be a dramatic game between Croatia and the Czech Republic, as both of them haven't been doing super well. That's at 2 p.m., while the USA (including Chicago locals Candace Parker and Swin Cash) face off against Turkey at 4:15 p.m.
- At 8 a.m. check out the gold medal bouts for men and women's judo judo's medal-round bouts in the women's 70kg and men's 90kg classes.
- And also at 2 p.m., it's USA v. China in women's volleyball.
Repeat after me: Gymnastics, swimming, gymnastics, swimming
- At 10:26 a.m. is the men's all-around final.
- And at 1:26 it's swimming finals: men's 200m breaststroke and freestyle and women's 200m butterfly and their 4x200m freestyle relay.
Let's save the sexy stuff for later
- 8:56 a.m. brings us men's 3m synchronized springboard. Perhaps we'll get more weird potential nude shots.
Late risers need not apply
- The men and women's road cycling time trials start at 6:26 a.m. For those who rise early, probably to cycle on their own.