WBEZ brings you fact-based news and information. Sign up for our newsletters to stay up to date on the stories that matter.We know you have a job or school or a life outside of these Olympic games, but it doesn’t really feel like it right now, does it? So, like the winners we are, we’ve outlined a few events you should catch everyday in what we’re calling What to Watch in Your Cube/What to Watch on Your Couch (WTWIYC/WTWOYC). All times CDT and we’ve primarily focused on the USA because, well, where do we live?
For the committed and bored:
- The semifinals of women’s field hockey at 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. I know nothing about this, save that I have an enthusiastic coworker who used to play field hockey and will be sneaking peeks all day.
There are fewer and fewer bikini options as the days go on:
- This is it: the women’s beach volleyball final at 3 p.m., where Kerri Walsh Jennings and Misty May-Treanor play their final game as a team. “We want to seal the deal that we’re the best team that’s ever happened,” said Walsh Jennings. Watch it happen.
- Track and field gold, again, starting at noon.
Have you seen this video?:
- Why is sailing always so early? At 6:45 a.m., some medals will be given out.
Who works the hardest of these, let the betting start now:
- Equestrian individuals are at 1 p.m. I mean, we all know there’s no potential presidental horse in the running anymore, so who cares?
- The men’s handball quarterfinals. Apparently, USA is out.
- Table tennis gold at 9:30 a.m.