Exploring Healthy Snacks At The Fancy Food Show
The Winter Fancy Food Show was held recently in San Francisco. Here & Now resident chef Kathy Gunst checked it out and tells host Jeremy Hobson that healthy snacks seem to be all the rage.
“Everybody tries to say ‘less fat, no gluten, no GMO, no junk’ – I mean these buzz words are all over these packaged foods,” she said.
Gunst sent Hobson a sampling of baked popcorn, lentil and cassava chips and even bugs flavored with chili and lime, and chocolate.
Monica Martinez, founder of Don Bugito Prehispanic Snackeria, joins them to talk about her company’s products.
- Baked Popcorn from 101 Snacks
- Lentil Chips from The Daily Crave
- Tokyo Style Popcorn from Takaokaya
- Cassava Pops from Wai Lana
- Luck Rabbit Snacks
- Don Bugito Prehistoric Snackeria
- Kathy Gunst, resident chef for Here & Now and author of “Notes from a Maine Kitchen” and the video series “Simple Soups from Scratch.” She tweets @mainecook and is on Instagram @kathygunst.
- Monica Martinez, founder of Don Bugito Prehispanic Snackeria. She tweets @DonBugitoSF.