Local Immigrants And Lawmakers Respond To President Trump’s Plans To Rescind DACA
Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced plans for the Trump Administration to rescind the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, or DACA. The program expires in March, and he’s put the ball in Congress’ court to replace it with something else. We examine the effect of those moves with:
- Angelica Magaña, DACA Recipient and a Member of the Organization "Protection for All Movement"
- Mary Meg McCarthy, Executive Director, Heartland Alliance National Immigrant Justice Center
- Former Republican Congressman Bob Dold
- Republican State Rep. John Cabello of the 68th District
- Selma d’Souza, director of Indo American Center
- Rawan, DACA recipient, studying pre-med at UIC