See, Hear, Eat: What To Do In Chicago This Weekend
Every week, we try to bring you the best roundup of things to see, hear and eat in and around Chicago over the weekend. Our guide this week is Erica Faye Watson.
The Chicago comedian stops by Reset with her top recommendations.
Here are a few highlights:
What to see
1. "Wake Up, Brother Bear!" - The Station - 100 S.Racine Ave.
- "A highly interactive show that will take you and your cubs on a fun-filled journey through the four seasons with a playful pair of bears"
- Saturday and Sunday, 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
- Tickets start at $20. Use code CTW20 for $15 tickets
What to hear
- Clark Street turns into Bourbon street for a Mardi Gras celebration unlike any other
- Saturday, 12-7 p.m.
- Pre-party at Rizzo's (3568 N. Clark): Check in 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- After-party at Sluggers (3540 N. Clark): 5-7 p.m.
- Tickets are $10, $6 for groups of 10 or more, and $20 at check-in. Online ticket sales close at 10 a.m. day of.
What to see
3. Mimosas & Yoga - Bourbon Street - 115 Bourbon Street, Merrionette Park
- Treat yourself to a morning of mimosas and and hour of yoga. For ages 21+. Bring your own yoga mat.
- Sunday, 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Pay $15 that day (cash only)
4. Beverly Brews And I Dos - Open Outcry Brewing Company - 10934 S. Western Ave.
- Grab a beer and bite to eat while you chat with potential wedding vendors
- Sunday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m
- Free and open to public, but registration required
Other events to check out in the suburbs of Chicago:
5. Homewood Chocolate Fest - H-F Auditorium - 2010 Chestnut Road, Homewood
- Satisfy your sweet tooth and entertain the family with children's activities, baking demonstrations. Plus, a chance to win the coveted title of "Home Sweet Homewood's Master Pastry Chef"
- Saturday, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
6. Starry Night - Crabtree Nature Center - 3 Stover Road, Barrington
- Scan the skies for celestial objects with the Northwest Suburban Astronomers
- Saturday, 6-7 p.m.
- Free, but registration required. Call 847-381-6592 to reserve a spot.
7. Winter Wine and Whiskey Fest - Discovery Center at Brookfield Zoo - 8400 W. 31st St., Brookfield
- Come out of your winter hibernation for a fun-filled event where you can sample over 20 wines and whiskeys and enjoy live music
- Saturday, 4-8 p.m.
- Tickets are $95 (admission included)
Click "play" to hear all of Erica's recommendations. Note: Saturday's performance of Fatty Bum Bum has been cancelled. They have additional performances scheduled for Feb. 29 and March 7.
GUEST: Erica Faye Watson, Chicago comedian and host of podcast Get In The Game