- US National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (2755)
- US Crisis Text Line Text “GO” to 741741
- Australian Lifeline 13 11 14
- Canadian Association for Suicide Prevention
- Casper - Get $50 towards any mattress by visiting casper.com/sciencevs and use the promo code SCIENCEVS
- Third Love - Go to thirdlove.com/sciencevs to start your free trial
- Wealthsimple – Investing made easy. Get your first $10,000 managed for free.
This episode has been produced by Heather Rogers, Shruti Ravindran, and Diane Wu. Our senior producer is Kaitlyn Sawrey. Edited by Annie-Rose Strasser and Caitlin Kenney. Fact checking by Michelle Harris. Sound design and music production by Matthew Boll, mixed by Martin Peralta and Matthew Boll. Music written by Bobby Lord and Martin Peralta.
- 2008 study suggesting that antidepressants are not much better than placebo for people suffering in severe depression.
- 2016 study suggesting that antidepressants were way better than placebo in treating people suffering from severe depression.
- 2016 study on how drug companies under-report side effects in clinical trials.
- 2003 round-up of the most common side-effects of antidepressants.
- 2013 study which uses brain imaging to try to pinpoint whether patients would respond better to medication or psychotherapy.