Barber Shop Show 243: Ain't Misbehavin
Back in the 1930s and 40s, Harlem was a place that was bubbling with creative energy, and one musician that reflected that energy was Fats Waller. We’ll hear about a revival of the musical revue that’s a tribute to Fats, called “Ain’t Misbehavin’”.
Host Richard Steele was joined at the shop by:
• Lorenzo Rush, Jr., from the cast of “Ain’t Misbehavin”
• Andrea Beschel, Marketing Associate at Porchlight Theatre (the presenters of the musical)
Plus, we talked about a program called Diverse Voices in Docs that's training a new generation on the art of the documentary film. For that conversation, we were joined by:
• Raymond Lambert, who was a part of the first DVID fellowship class in 2013
• Recent Diverse Voices in Docs graduate Eleva Singleton
• DVID coordinator Justin Williams
The Barber Shop Show airs on Fridays and Saturdays at Noon on 91.1FM. You can also stream live at vocalo.org. In addition, the show broadcasts on Sundays at 3pm on WBEZ 91.5FM.