Daily Rehearsal: Emerald City announces their new season
1. There was a special matinee of Brunch Punkx at the Annoyance Sunday for April Fool's Day, which really just whizzed past in a boring manner, didn't it? The original musical will run through May 5. Here's the plot: When their brunch program is canceled, a group of renegade culinary students decide to take the industry by storm. When a death row inmate requests their brunch for his final meal, they realize that the only way to deliver is to defy the strict three meal a day-er prison warden, and break in."
2. GTT will be at the Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo April 13 through 15 at McCormick Place Gorilla Tango Burlesque will be at C2E2 those same dates. They also have room for walk-on spots in their show that opens that same weekend, SuperBoobs: A Superhero Burlesque Adventure; to apply, email Ms. Pixy at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Cosplay Cameo" with your name, contact info, some photos of you in the costume you would wear and whether you're available Saturdays 10-11:30 p.m. in April and May.
3. Reminder: on April 16, the Stratford Shakespeare Festival's 60th season will be celebrated by the Chicago Associates of the Stratford Shakespeare. Lucy Peacock, a performer in the festival, will perform parts of her show Late Night with Lucy at The Arts Club of Chicago, and there will be previews of the rest of the line-up as well.
4. Emerald City has announced their 2012-13 season; they'll have Alice in Wonderland starting in July, followed by Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Musical, Dr. Seuss's The Cat in the Hat and The Frog Prince Continued.
5. And if you missed Christopher Piatt and Bill Savage discussing the difference between theater fans and sports fans on Eight Forty Eight, check it out here.
Questions? Tips? Email email@example.com.