Daily Rehearsal: 'Freud's Last Session' continues, with new cast
1. Katy Colloton's one-woman show What Would Carol Do? goes up at iO on April 26. "The show presents a collection of characters inspired by the extraordinary quirks that make us ordinary...From Hot Mess Holly, who laughs when people degrade her, to a violent Christian man who works at a Chinese restaurant...." You may have seen Colloton in The Katydids.
2. Melissa Lorraine Hawkins' stars in I Killed my Mother by Andras Visky at LaMama ETC in New York. "The elfin Ms. Hawkins is an almost elemental presence," writes Ben Brantley in the New York Times. "She is also Theater Y’s artistic director, as well as one of its founders. As a young woman, a habitué of a coffee bar of lost souls, her Bernadette seems to carry a shield of fire that is a weapon of both aggression and defense." For a refresher, read Laura Molzahn's piece on Hawkins from last year.
3. Brian Dickie of COT was on The Interview Show and Mark Bazer sings his praises.
4. Freud's Last Session continues on, but with a new cast. Sunday April 29 will be the last day with Martin Rayner and Mark Dold who came from the New York production; May 2 they'll be replaced with Mike Nussbaum as Freud and Coburn Goss as C.S. Lewis.
5. Do you have questions about the Goodman Theatre website? It was designed by the web development firm Adage Technologies and it's meant to look like a Playbill. “We started by thinking of features we could add that would help Goodman enrich its audience’s experience,” said Roy Chomko, president of Adage Technologies, in a statement. “Being able to quickly upload interesting, searchable media is especially important every time a new season of shows is launched. This includes show trailers, behind the scenes videos and photos, news articles, reviews, blogs, event photos, and press releases. It’s the playbill of the future.” If you haven't explored the site further, they have archives dating back to the beginning of the theater in 1925 and traffic is up!
Questions? Tips? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.