Daily Rehearsal: Marc Maron takes over Chicago (and The Interview Show)
1. Comedian Marc Maron was on Eight-Forty-Eight this morning talking about his new album and the podcast that's burning up everyones feeds, WTF with Marc Maron. He'll be at the Mayne Stage tonight and Saturday night this weekend.
2. Marc Maron is also at Mark Bazer's The Interview Show tonight at The Hideout, with several other esteemed guests. Watch Bazer interview people, like he does. That is all.
3. And speaking of The Interview Show and Mark Bazer, Bazer celebrates three Chicago comics who are have left/will leave for Los Angeles to make it big and never again grace us with their presence. "It's inevitable. Comics come here (or are from here), hone their skills and then head west in hopes of landing a part on the next According to Jim," says Bazer. He's speaking of Prescott Tolk, Ken Barnard and Beth Stelling. Say your goodbyes, ladies and gentlemen.
4. Chicago actress Jessie Mueller has also made it to the big leagues, never to return again. You've seen her recently in Shout!, Merrily We Roll Along and Guys and Dolls. and she will now be the lead in On a Clear Day You Can See Forever with Harry Connick Jr. on Broadway. Of her role in Shout!, Kelly Kleiman said, "And Jessie Mueller extends her streak...of outstanding work, continuing to show herself as the up-and-coming musical comedy star in these parts." Guess she was right! On a Clear Day opens in December.
5. Radio Goggles is closing this weekend at Oracle Theatre. In my best cut and paste job: "Come to Oracle and gather around the old RCA tube set for an evening of entertainment unlike any other one-act play cycle going on in Chicago. Strap on a pair of genuine RADIO GOGGLES, and watch 3 vintage radio shows come to life. In Oracle’s performance style, the actual recordings are played over the sound system while the actors lip-sync, pantomime, and shadow-play to the recording. It’s a fun, irreverent style that builds on the expertise of those old time voice actors."
Questions? Tips? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.