Daily Rehearsal: Northlight to stage new Bruce Graham play
1. Babe With Blades will be at the side project with their show Trash, but beforehand, they'll also have "an Irish wake-inspired reception at The Poitin Stil."Two sisters. One letter. TRASH. Fresh from a funeral, sisters Diane and Becky dig through a landfill - and family grievances - in search of the letter from their dying mother that Becky threw away unopened."
2. Remember how Brian Dickie is leaving COT? His last season opens with Shostakovich’s Moscow, Cheryomushki on April 14, 20, 22 and 25 at the Harris Theater in Millenium Park. Remember, tickets are available through 100@25.
3. Dances Made to Order, "a curated, monthly film series available exclusively online" will have participating dancers in Chicago through Columbia College. You can vote on ideas that will push the direction of the pieces May 2 through 10, with the premiere of the movie on the 30th.
4. Northlight Theatre has announced the last show for their 2012-13 season; they're bringing Bruce Graham's new play Stella & Lou to join Woody Sez—The Life & Music of Woody Guthrie, The Odd Couple, The Whipping Man and Stones in His Pockets. Stella & Lou will be directed by Artistic Director BJ Jones, opens May 10, and is described thusly: "On a quiet night at Lou’s bar, two kindred spirits seek solace as they navigate changing times and relationships past. From the author of The Outgoing Tide comes an intimate exploration of friendship, forgiveness, and the longing for companionship that grows with the passage of time." The Outgoing Tide went up last spring at Northlight and featured John Mahoney, Thomas J. Cox and Rondi Reed.
5. And here, a very flattering piece in the Tribune on The Paper Machete and other live variety shows we like in Chicago (The Interview Show, Funny Ha-Ha).
Questions? Tips? Email email@example.com.