Daily Rehearsal: 'The North Plan' reappears at Theater Wit
1. Kimberly Senior brings The North Plan to Theater Wit, last seen with her directing at First Look from Steppenwolf in 2010. And yes, you might recognize (I do) the face at left as Kate Buddeke, from her scary-bordering-on-disturbing performance in Rantoul or Die by American Blues Theater last spring. The North Plan opens February 28.
2. More on V-Day: Drury Lane is doing dinner theater this weekend, at $88 a person for a four course meal, ONE COCKTAIL, and Gypsy. As usual, the descriptions of available food are the best part of this deal: "a Caesar Salad or Grilled Jumbo Asparagus Salad and a choice of Sliced Beef of Tenderloin, New Zealand Lamb Chops, or Jumbo Black Tiger Shrimp. For dessert, guests may choose from Chocolate Covered Strawberries or Orange Chocolate Crème Brule."
3. Comedy duo Garfunkel & Oates were at UP on Saturday, and according to Jason Heidemann with TimeOut, they were"[p]ossessing the skinniness of teenage girls and wearing dresses straight out of Holly Hobby [which] upped the ante on songs that occasionally disarmed with naughty lyrical content."
4. Steppenwolf Theatre Company has hired Jeffrey Fauver to replace David Rosenberg as Communications Director; Rosenberg stepped down in December and now has his own public relations firm. Fauver has worked with the Goodman (most recently on Chinglish) and Chicago Shakes. Most impressive part of Fauver's resume? He volunteers with the Chicago League of Lady Arm Wrestlers (CCLAW), who if you've ever seen in person, are a tough bunch.
5. Did you see yesterday's viral sensation, the Hunger Games/Lana Del Rey parody by Chicago comedian Holly Laurent? Can't get enough of Holly? See her at iO on Tuesdays, where she performs with The Reckoning.
Questions? Tips? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.