Does the cold ease your fear of climate change? Not so fast
* Chicago preps for permanent heat wave (from May).
* City has official "climate action plan."
* 5 southern cities with more snow than Chicago.
* Obama speech's most viral moment (as reflected by Twitter).
* Seneca Falls, Selma, Stonewall: "A map of human dignity."
* Owner of Stonewall Inn: "It's like owning Rosa Parks's bus."
* Romney's no-show is a first in decades.
* Borowitz Report: Speech gives grateful Republicans "detailed list of things to thwart over the next four years."
* Groupon puts gun-related deals on hold, angers gun-rights advocates.
* Carl Sandburg's previously unknown poem about "A Revolver": "When it has spoken, the case can not be appealed to the supreme court ..."
* Dave Zirin in The Nation: "Athletically gifted children see the NFL, with all its attendant dangers, as ... their ticket out of poverty."
* Archive of tweets for Te'o's fauxfriend and the other guy linked to her digital life (and death).
* Deadspin's hate mail since breaking the story.
* Pulitzer winners analyze Deadspin reporting.
* Guide to avoiding Twitter scams.
* ... Which is appropriate, because much of the forthcoming movie was filmed here.
* Yahoo sends ex-employees "welcome back" packages.
* Job posting seeks "young journalists who don't know better."
* 13-year-old news blogger credentialed to cover inauguration.
GET THE LATEST. Sign up for WBEZ's email blasts to get updates on this blog and all the great features the site has to offer. (Note: The preceding sentence should not be interpreted to mean that this blog is a great feature; to the contrary, its construction distinguishes "this blog" from "great features." It would be unseemly of this blog to proclaim itself a great feature, don't you think? That is left as an exercise for the reader.)