Radio M: David Bowie takes us on a flight, Spanish funk and new music from Syria's Omar Suleyman
Since 1994, Omar Souleyman has been performing a high energy brand of music known as dabke. The keyboiard driven sounds were brought to American ears courtesy of the Sublime Frequencies label.
His new albun Wenu Wenu is a propoer studio release (as opposed to the compliations that culled from his cassette recordings). We hear a track tongiht on Radio M.
Also, a classic Bowie cut from his Lodger album, bachata music from the Dominican Republic and Palestian inspired uindie rock from Milwaukee.
- David Bowie- African Night Flight- Lodger
- Black Motion- Mtshongolo- Mtshongolo
- Coati Mundi- Voyage Libertad to the Boat Dance- Dancing for the Cabana Code in the Land of Boo Hoo
- Omar Souleyman- Mawal Jamar- Wenu
- Ilayaraja- Thanimayil- Solla Solla Vol. 1
- The Kingstonians- Love is the Greatest Science- Caltone’s Jamaican’s 45’s 1966-69
- Marines e sua Gente- A Volta Do Baiao- Meu Benzim
- Moussu T e lei Jovents – Lo Dintre- Empeche Nous!
- Los Fulanos- The End of the World- Si Esto Se Acaba Que Siga el Boogaloo
- Steve Winwood- Why Can’t We Live Together- About Time
- Kamel el Harrachi- Ya Rayah- Ghana Fenou
- The Dur Dur Band- Hayeelin- Dur Dur Band Vol.5
- Fair Nick Stars- Arrete Mal Parle- Sofrito : Tropical Discotheque
- Painted Caves- Painted Caves- Painted Caves
- Federico Aubele- This Song- 5
- Luis Segura- Mi Muchachita- Bachata Roja: Amor y Amargue
- Norbert Yakari- Kioo Cha Nyumba- The World is Shaking: Cubanismo from the Congo 1954-55
- Dunkelbunt- Smile on Your Face- Morgenlandfarht
- Imperial Tiger Orchestra- Anchi Bale Game- Mercato Cat
- Los Speakers- Si La Guerra es Buen Negocio Invierte a Tus Hijos- En El Maravilloso Mundo de Ingenson
- Hoquets- 3 Regions 3 Communautes- Belgotronics
- Los Issufu & His Moslems- Kana Soro- Afro Beat Airways 2: Return Flight to Ghana 1974-83
- Nooshafarin- Gole Aftabgardoon-Sedayeh Del: Funk, psychedelia and pop from the Iranian pre-revolution generation