* But he shook my hand on-camera last May and said, “I’m not doin’ it.”
* And before that, he issued this kinda weird denial in September 2011.
* On the other hand: “Hillary Clinton Is Running for President, OK?” (The Atlantic)
TURKEY TALK. The Hill recounts NRA chief Wayne LaPierre’s insistence in Nashville, before the National Wild Turkey Federation (hey, they have rights, too), that President Obama’s gun legislation has been revealed as a “charade.”
* The speech Obama should have planned for Chicago, according to the Chicago Reader‘s Steve Bogira.
* The Onion: “66-Year-Old Washington Post Reporter Hopes He Liveblogged State Of The Union Right.”
SAY IT AIN’T SO, NATE. Nate Silver, the statistically savvy anti-pundit, considers ending his predictions: “If it gets really weird in 2014, in 2016, then maybe I’ll stop doing it.”
* Sen. Marco Rubio’s mind is “zombie-infested,” according to Nobel winner Paul Krugman.
FREE MOVIES. Fill in the gaps in your classic movie education with free access to the Criterion collection of films, available all weekend on Hulu.com. Where to start? “Lord of the Flies,” “The Seventh Seal” or “The Blob“? So … many … choices …
DOES ‘GO MAKE BABIES’ DISCRIMINATE? WBEZ blogger Nico Lang gives the station a chance to defend its new marketing campaign against suggestions it discriminates against gays, lesbians and others unlikely to make children.
* Five reasons NPR should launch a dating site.
AND YOU THOUGHT THE MAPS APP SUCKED. If your iPhone’s running the latest version of Apple’s operating system, iOS 6.1, clever hackers can slip past your passcode to access your contacts, voicemail and photos.
* Apple promises fix soon.
QUIZ TIME AGAIN. Go for it.