Fire spinner Michi Trota joins Reset to discuss how she encountered the art form and to give her recommendations on what to read, watch and do.
What to read
1. The Only Good Indians by Stephen Graham Jones
2. Black Sun by Rebecca Roanhorse
3. Heroine Complex series by Sarah Kuhn
What to watch
4. Hilda (Netflix)
5. Animaniacs (Hulu)
What to do
7. Foster a pet and adopt one if you’re able. Michi recommends looking into Tree House, Felines & Canines, and Feline Friends Chicago.
8. Attend Raks Inferno’s virtual belly dance and fire spinning fundraiser for Fair Fight, streaming live on Facebook Friday from 8 to 9 p.m. (Free event, donations encouraged)
GUEST: Michi Trota, editor-in-chief of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America and senior editor at Prism