- Pulitzer’s were announced yesterday, and Chicago wrapped one up! Well, Bruce Norris did, for Clybourne Park. Surprisingly, the play has not, however, been performed here yet; after a run through several cities, including New York, it will open in September for Steppenwolf’s 2011-2012 season.
- Chicago Theater Addict has written “5 Essential Rules for startup storefront theatre companies.” The gist is: think it through.
- Director Rebecca Zellar, part of the recently dissolved Grey Zelda Theatre Group, was interviewed by 2amt as part of their director-to-director series of interviews. She said, “I think the idea of the Director Is GOD ideal has changed as we move into experimenting on devised/collaborative work. There seems to be moresupport/respect for all the facets of a production.”
- MORE George Bernhard Shaw: This past weekend, Arms and the Man premiered at DCA Theater, put on by ShawChicago. Since 1994, ShawChicago has put on every single one of Shaw’s plays except for Saint Joan, who is probably feeling a little left out right now. There are post-show discussions scheduled for April 23rd and 30th.
- This Wednesday, combine your love of attempting to be funny to those around you and attempting to be as talented as your favorite sports stars at The Comedy Sportz Theatre. They call what they do “improv comedy played as a sport”, and are available for your next corporate retreat. Go see them tomorrow and make sure you know what you’re getting yourself into.
Questions? Tips? Email firstname.lastname@example.org