August is winding down, school is starting again, and there aren’t too many warm days left in the year. So obviously, you want to get outside this weekend. But Chicago is huge, and too many choice can leave you overwhelmed.
Here are some of the coolest things to do this Friday, Saturday and Sunday:
- Want to hear live music…on people’s porches? Porchfest Lakeview is the event for you.
- For those who want to stuff their faces, there’s the Logan Square Food Truck Social, and the Taste of Greektown, for all the Greek food-lovers out there.
- Want to see a show? Chicago Shakespeare Theater is finishing up its summer parks season this Sunday, at Ping Tom Memorial Park in Chinatown.
- And the circus is coming to Garfield Park—Midnight Circus, that is.
- Looking for an excuse to celebrate Queen Bey? Beauty Bar is throwing a party tailor-made for the Beyhive.
Holler! We just heard a shout out on @WBEZmorning about the @BelmontThtrDist Season Launch Cookout in the @theaterwit parking lot at 1232 W. Belmont this Sunday, 8/26 from 5-9pm. Help SGT kick off the 2018-2019 season with our neighbors! More info: https://t.co/NYEsmNicsG pic.twitter.com/i5ROSGiqlm— Shattered Globe (@ShatteredGlobe) August 22, 2018
GUEST: Katie Karpowicz, content and editorial director, Do312
LEARN MORE: Do312