Rochelle Trotter joins Reset to share her tips on maintaining our health and wellness in a time of COVID-19 and for recommendations on what to read, watch and do this week.
What to read
1. Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
2. The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett
3. The Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer
What to watch
4. Virtual jazz concert featuring Nate Smith at The Green Mill
Saturday, Oct. 31, 8 p.m.
$15 tickets for entry into livestream concert
5. Virtual discussion on Bruce Lee’s Legacy with Shannon Lee at The Chicago Humanities Festival
Friday, Oct. 30, 12-1 p.m.
Free, register to receive digital link
6. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Sony Pictures Entertainment)
What to do
7. Grab tickets for War of the Worlds virtual audio performance by Theatre In The Dark
- Performed live every night from Oct. 15-Nov. 2ÂÂ
- Tickets start at $5
8. Catch a movie during Halloween Week at ChiTown Movies
Gates open at 5:30 p.m., socially distanced trick-or-treating at 6 p.m., movie starts at 7
Tickets are $39 per vehicle Monday through Thursday, $49 Friday and Saturday
9. Enter the Highway of Horror, if you dare
A 90-minute drive-thru horror experience in a series of parking lots near I-90 and I-94
For all ages, tickets are $75
GUEST: Health and wellness coach Rochelle Trotter