Between a global pandemic and widespread civil unrest, these times have changed the ways we live, work and play. And if you’re a comedian? Life has been turned upside down, as fans and artists flock to streaming services.
Reset checks in with comedian Erica Faye Watson about her new late night show on YouTube. Plus, she shares her recommendations for what to read, watch and do this week.
What to read
1. A 100 Days Of Gratitude by D’angelo Thompson
2. Finna by Chicago poet Nate Marshall
3. Wandering in Strange Lands: A Daughter of the Great Migration Reclaims Her Roots by Morgan Jenkins
What to watch
4. P-Valley (STARZ)
5. Project Power (Netflix)
What to do
6. Join the Black Business Crawl
7. Watch a movie at the CHI-Together drive-in theater at Soldier Field
8. Visit Munchiez in Beverly
GUEST: Erica Faye Watson, comedian, writer and director