WBEZ brings you fact-based news and information. Sign up for our newsletters to stay up to date on the stories that matter.
It’s hard to convince myself to leave the house for anything but work this time of year. \
So, to inspire me and people like me, we have some suggestions from Ji Suk Yi, host of the Chicago Sun-Times video series “The Grid.”
WHAT TO SEE:
- Argyle Lunar New Year Parade - Kick off the year of the pig with music, colorful lion dances and entertainment at this decades-old Uptown tradition.
- Chinatown Parade - Take the family to see marching bands, colorful floats, traditional lion dances and a special appearance by Ronald McDonald.
- Joong Boo Market - This hidden gem in Avondale has international produce and groceries that are hard to come by and a snack corner that serves authentic Asian dishes.
WHAT TO HEAR:
- Sleeping Village - A new music venue and bar in Avondale where you can get work done during the day, watch shows at night or try one of their 56 drafts.
- Midwinter at the Art Institute - Discover new music and art at the institute from Feb. 15-17. Tickets are $50.