It’s hard to convince myself to leave the house for anything but work this time of year. \
So, to inspire me and people like me, we have some suggestions from Ji Suk Yi, host of the Chicago Sun-Times video series “The Grid.”
WHAT TO SEE:
- Argyle Lunar New Year Parade - Kick off the year of the pig with music, colorful lion dances and entertainment at this decades-old Uptown tradition.
- Chinatown Parade - Take the family to see marching bands, colorful floats, traditional lion dances and a special appearance by Ronald McDonald.
- Joong Boo Market - This hidden gem in Avondale has international produce and groceries that are hard to come by and a snack corner that serves authentic Asian dishes.
WHAT TO HEAR:
- Sleeping Village - A new music venue and bar in Avondale where you can get work done during the day, watch shows at night or try one of their 56 drafts.
- Midwinter at the Art Institute - Discover new music and art at the institute from Feb. 15-17. Tickets are $50.